Monday, February 15, 2016

CAMO Required..... Osprey at Guste Island.


Osprey at Guste Island Rd, Madisonville, LA.


With the day off for President's Day, I decided to make a quick trip down Guste Island Road in Madisonville, La.  I grabbed my Canon 400mm lens with the recently applied camouflage vinyl tape.  If you have ever owed a high end Canon lens you know they are large bright white objects seen by birds from miles away.  Now camouflaged, I was ready to head out, knowing the lens would  not give away my position. Never mind that my clothing wasn't camo, the birds would only see the wonderful camouflage on my lens and think "no danger here", "HaHa".  Guste Island road is a narrow winding road starting at Hwy 22 in Madisonville and ending at Lake Pontchartrain.  Once past the houses the area opens up to a grand array of green swamp land filled with cypress trees and wildlife.  I found a suitable spot overlooking a small body of water separated from the Lake by the road.  Camouflaged lens in hand I waited.  It didn't take long, within a few minutes I spotted an Osprey that made this lake his home.  Perched in a gray knotted cypress tree sat a lone Osprey searching the waters below for its next meal.  The Osprey either didn't notice me or didn't care, calmly posing for my camera.  Heck, he even shifted positions several times allowing me to photograph all sides. Not a bad way to spend the day off.

Osprey stretching its wing.

Osprey in Madisonville, Lousiana
Ready for take off!


No comments:

Post a Comment