Sunday, February 14, 2016

My Bald Eagle Story....... Finally!

Bald Eagle at Fontainebleau State Park
Capturing a decent image of a Bald Eagle was something I had failed to do in many previous attempts. Many times before I'd seen a bald eagle perched in a tree near the shore of Lake Pontchartrain or soaring high above the ground but was never able to get a clear image.  The discovery the of a narrow trail that leads to the sandy edge of Lake Pontchartrain would bring me to a location much closer and with the sun to my back. The following morning around 6:45 a.m. I saw the eagle cruising along the lake heading in the direction of the spot I located the previous night.  Camera in hand, I started slowly moving along the trail toward the lake's edge.  Ten to fifteen minutes into my journey, there it was.  "A BALD EAGLE"!  The eagle confidently perched  high above the ground, the sun illuminating its brown feathers, white face and yellow beak. I raised my camera and focused the lens. "Click,click,click", a burst of three shots and I had my first decent image of a Bald Eagle. I moved 10 yards closer and "click, click, click", firing off another round of shots.  I quickly checked my images, "NAILED IT"! Several sharp images of a beautiful Bald Eagle with its feathers damp from the cold waters of Lake Pontchartrain appeared in my camera.

Images taken at Fontainebleau State Park, Mandeville, Louisiana. (02/13/2016)
Gear: Canon T3i with Canon 400mm F5.6L lens. ISO 200, 1/1600, F5.6.

Who you looking at?  

Bald Eagle ruffles its feathers after a swim in Lake Pontchartrain, Mandeville, LA.





2 comments: